Welcome to Karel de Grote and our website!
At our school:
– We pay a lot of attention teaching language skills (Dutch and English), maths, technical science, music/culture classes and physical education.
– We endeavour to internationalise our education.
– We value (social) security, your child's self-confidence, autonomy and respect.
– We value good communication and collaboration with parents and Korein/Zuidzorg (SPIL center).
– We use ICT as a tool to enrich our educational process. For every child (classes 4-8) we provide an Ipad that occasionally will be used with maths, reading comprehension and Dutch orthography.
– We pay attention to de 21st Century skills in our curriculum.
– We are very proud of the rating GOOD that has been given after judging our school very critically and intensively by the inspectorate. Our school was even nominated as an Excellent School.
– We are aspirant Brainportschool.
If you are considering registering your child at Karel de Grote, we recommend that you make an appointment with the school board.
You can do this by calling 040-2512628 or fill the appointment form (Dutch).
A conversation with the board means that extensive time is taken to inform you about the course of events at our school and the enrollment of your child. Of course you also get the opportunity to ask questions.
After this conversation you will be guided through the school. Before you go home, you will receive an information package that you can consult at home to make an informed decision.
We as well provide an 'Karel de Grote' app that can be downloaded in the App (IOS) or Play (Google) store. It is possible to download our registration form and schoolguide in this app in Dutch or English.
On behalf of the entire team,
Silvi Habets (director).